40 The Stick
45 The Carrot
setaian

If wishes were horses...

Mostly Romance. Contemporary, Paranormal, Historical and Romantic Suspense. Also a little Urban Fantasy and Mystery.

Tell the Wolves I'm Home

Tell the Wolves I'm Home -

"You do know that if you ever need anything, you can ring me, right? Anything at all."

June is shy and awkward. She lives in the shadow of her gifted older sister Greta who used to be her best friend but now hates her. The one bright spot in her life is her uncle Finn who she adores.

When Finn dies of AIDS she is consumed with grief and anger. She turns to Toby, Finn's lover who is the only person who loved Finn as much as she did. Together they are able to remember Finn and comfort each other in their shared grief, even as the sickness starts to take hold of Toby.

Tell the Wolves I'm Home is set in 1987 during the worst of the hysteria surrounding the AIDS epidemic. It's the heart wrenching story of one 14 year old girl dealing with grief and a feeling of isolation. I wish there were more than 5 Stars I could give this book. It's one of those rare books that is perfect in every way.

"Come whenever. Whenever you can. You know that right? Anything at all. . ."