40 The Stick
45 The Carrot
setaian

If wishes were horses...

Mostly Romance. Contemporary, Paranormal, Historical and Romantic Suspense. Also a little Urban Fantasy and Mystery.

A Thin, Dark Line

A Thin, Dark Line - Emma Elliot “I need to know what happened fifteen years ago, Cormac. I need to understand. Because I think what’s going on now is connected to what took place then. T-to you.”His expression was bleak. “Let it go. The past is over and done with.”“Apparently not. It looms over us. Over the whole damn town.”“Leave it alone, Eloise.”I bristled. “I can’t. I won’t.”Cormac O'Malley has returned to his home town after serving 15 years in prison for murder. Local librarian, Eloise Carmichael gives him a job as a handyman, but the entire town is boiling with anger that a murderer is living amongst them. And somewhere lurking in the shadows are dangerous men who have secrets they will kill to protect. A Thin, Dark Line is tightly wound suspense reminiscent of the best of Alfred Hitchcock. A part of the genius of Alfred Hitchcock is that he hinted at things and let the imaginations of his audience do the rest. It's something you don't see these days and I didn't even realize how much I missed it until I read this little gem. Thanks to Netgalley and The Writers Coffee Shop Publishing House for this ARC.