40 The Stick
45 The Carrot
setaian

If wishes were horses...

Mostly Romance. Contemporary, Paranormal, Historical and Romantic Suspense. Also a little Urban Fantasy and Mystery.
Them Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #1) - Carolyn Haines With the bank threatening to foreclose on the home that has been in her family for more than 100 years and repossess her car, the wolf is definitely at the door for Sarah Booth Delaney. The resident ghost at Dhalia House suggests she dognaps and holds for ransom Chablis, the canine appendage of Tinkie a wealthy woman in the upper class of Mississippi Society. After the successful dognapping, Tinkie comes to Sarah for help in getting her dog back. Feeling a little guilty she returns the dog and pockets the $5000 dollars. Tinkie who is very impressed with Sarah's bravery in the face of the evil dognappers hires her to investigate the return to town of a man who fled more than 20 years earlier under a cloud of suspicion. That's pretty much the first chapter. Them Bones reminds me a lot of Virginia Brown's Dixie Diva's series. But this book isn't as cute and quirky. If I had to describe them, I'd say Dixie Divas is sweet iced tea, Them Bones is moonshine that might just kill you.