40 The Stick
45 The Carrot
setaian

If wishes were horses...

Mostly Romance. Contemporary, Paranormal, Historical and Romantic Suspense. Also a little Urban Fantasy and Mystery.
How I Came to Sparkle Again - Kaya McLaren 3.5 StarsChick-Lit...Two women and a 10 year old girl all dealing with life changes. Six weeks after suffering a traumatic miscarriage and life saving hysterectomy Jill finds her husband in bed with another woman. Devastated, she runs to the childhood hometown in Colorado to heal her heart.Lisa has been running her entire life even though she has never left Sparkle, Colorado. One morning after her latest one night stand is sneaking out of her bed, she decides it's time for a change. Cassie's mother died of breast cancer a year earlier. Living with her father she is consumed by grief. When Jill takes a job as her sitter, she finally finds someone who understands her loss and begins to heal.How I came to Sparkle Again is not a religious book, but it's very spiritual...almost uncomfortably so. It reminded me of Emily March's Eternity Springs books a little. It was a slightly melancholy but ultimately fulfilling journey of discovery.