40 The Stick
45 The Carrot
setaian

If wishes were horses...

Mostly Romance. Contemporary, Paranormal, Historical and Romantic Suspense. Also a little Urban Fantasy and Mystery.
Confessions of an Angry Girl - Louise Rozett As I get to the last turn, I suddenly see pom-poms in my peripheral vision. A few of the girls are lined up on the side of the track, like they're cheering someone on. I'm tempted to look back to see who it is, but I'll lose my stride if I do. I keep going. I get closer and closer to them, and I realize too late that it's Lena, Susan and Regina. Just as I'm about to pass them, they chant, "How did Daddy's Little Girl like the gynecologist?"Rose is having one hell of a year. After the death of her father, her family has started to unravel at the seams. Her Mother is withdrawing into her grief and guilt and her brother has deserted them and run off to college. School is no better, all her best friend seems to be interested in is having sex with her loser boyfriend and becoming a cheerleader. To top it all off, she is being bullied by one of the cheerleaders who suspects Rose is making a play for her boyfriend. Before I know what I'm doing, I'm running across the lanes that separate me from the cheer bitches. It doesn't matter that it's three against one. After everything Regina has done to me, I want the satisfaction of hurting her. I run faster. I start screaming.Lena and Susan look like deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car⎯ I must seem like a complete maniac, flying at them, covered in blood, screaming like a madwoman⎯ Confessions of an Angry Girl will resonate with just about anyone who can remember what school was like. It tackles a whole bunch of issues including binge drinking, teen sex, pier pressure, bullying and as you would expect anger, without ever preaching. Louise Rozett doesn't treat young adults like idiots, she doesn't preach, she just tells the story and allows the readers to draw whatever conclusions they will. Tracy. Tracy told her I kissed Jamie.I slam into Regina with every ounce of strength I have, knocking her to the ground. Thanks to Harlequin and Netgalley for providing me with this ARC.