40 The Stick
45 The Carrot
setaian

If wishes were horses...

Mostly Romance. Contemporary, Paranormal, Historical and Romantic Suspense. Also a little Urban Fantasy and Mystery.
Accidental Cowgirl: A Loveswept Contemporary Romance - Maggie McGinnis In quick succession, Kyla's fiancé cheated her and her grandparents of their savings; she was in a serious car accident which left her broken and scarred; and her grandparents who were forced to leave their home passed away. With the court case behind her and her now ex-fiancé behind bars Kyla's two closest friends drag her to a dude ranch in Montana to help her regroup and plan her next step. One of the first people she meets in Whisper Creek is Decker, the quintessential tall dark and handsome cowboy. She's attracted to him but with so much baggage weighing her down she doesn't trust her judgement. Decker has his own problems. After his despotic father kicked him out many years earlier, he used the ranch to back his out of control gambling. Now Decker has 30 days to find the money to pay up or his family will lose the ranch. Nothing happens in Accidental Cowgirl that I haven't seen before, but it's exactly what I want from this genre. A simple story well told, characters I like and nothing too tricky. It's a light and satisfying read and among the better Contemporary Romances I've read recently.