40 The Stick
45 The Carrot
setaian

If wishes were horses...

Mostly Romance. Contemporary, Paranormal, Historical and Romantic Suspense. Also a little Urban Fantasy and Mystery.

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 1)

Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris Dead Until DarkNice Girls Don't Have FangsThere are a lot of similarities between Dead Until Dark and Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (by Molly Harper). Both have a female protagonist with a vampire love interest. In Dead Until Dark the heroine lives with her grandma, in Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs she lives with her great aunt. In both vampires have come out of the closet. In both there remains an undercurrent of prejudice and mistrust towards vampires. I could go on.Despite these two books having so much in common, I loved Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs while I felt Dead Until Dark was just good. I don't quite know how to describe this but there is an optimism to the way Molly Harper writes that is infectious which this book lacks.After reading one Molly Harper book (I think it was And One Last Thing) I immediately felt compelled to read everything she has written. This book was good and I will revisit Charlaine Harris, but I'm not in a rush.