40 The Stick
45 The Carrot
setaian

If wishes were horses...

Mostly Romance. Contemporary, Paranormal, Historical and Romantic Suspense. Also a little Urban Fantasy and Mystery.

When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)

When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3) - Brenda Novak Callie has end stage liver disease. The doctors give her months to live if a suitable transplant isn't found. Faced with her imminent death, she withdraws from her family and friends and moves into the farm house that belonged to her grand-parents. After a vicious dog attack, Levi shows up on her door with blood pouring from him. With nothing to lose she takes in this drifter and together they form a bond. As Callie's illness progresses, their attraction grows. But Levi is running from his past and if he stays in Whiskey Creek too long it will catch up to him. When Summer Comes is your stock standard contemporary romance. It dots all the i's and crosses all the t's and to be honest if you're a fan of the genre, you could do a lot worse than this book. That said, I have a few reservations. There is a lot going on in this book, and I don't think it always works. A crucial element of the story just fell off the planet (the owners of the two dogs which attacked Levi) while a few unrelated sojourns into future Whiskey Creek novels were plonked right into the middle without much warning. But I can forgive those few little glitches in what was overall an entertaining and satisfying book.