40 The Stick
45 The Carrot
setaian

If wishes were horses...

Mostly Romance. Contemporary, Paranormal, Historical and Romantic Suspense. Also a little Urban Fantasy and Mystery.
Don't Know Jack - Diane Capri Gritty reality meets flights of fancy. I really liked the set-up for this book and the underlying story was quite entertaining, but I think at some point the author decided she wouldn't let the truth stand in the way of a good story. I like books that plant their feet firmly in a kind of hyper-reality. The good guy get's a full magazine emptied into his chest and still manages to save and kiss the girl before limping off to the paramedics for a band-aid and shot of whiskey. I'm good with that. I don't much like police procedurals which make silly mistakes about how things like plastic explosive or ballistic glass works. This one also managed some James Bond gadgetry which added to the silliness.I think it could have been quite good, but ended up just being fluff. There's nothing wrong with fluff and for what it is this book is quite entertaining, I just think it could have been more.